Did you know that office paper ream wrappers typically have a plastic coating to protect theproduct inside, which makes the wrapper difficult to recycle?
UPM's unique eco-friendly ream wrapper is made from renewable and responsibly sourced wood fibres; it protects your copy paper without the need for plastic film. Without the plastic coating, the
paper wrap can be recycled in your regular paper recycling stream, reducing waste.
- High strength and stiffness protects your printer and copier paper in even humid conditions
- Wrapper with no plastic film complements offering of sustainable office supplies
- Monomaterial that can be recycled in regular paper recycling
- Made from renewable, sustainably sourced wood fibres
- Biodegradable and industrially compostable in accordance with EN13432
No plastic film, easy to recycle
Excellent print performance and colour reproduction
Less production steps, smaller overall carbon footprint
Certificates and labels
|Mill:||EMAS | ISO 9001 | ISO 14001 | ISO 22000 | OHSAS 18001
PEFC™ Chain-of-Custody | FSC® Chain-of-Custody
|Product:||Food Approval Statement | BfR Food Certificate | FDA Food Certificate | 94/62 EC Heavy Metal Certificate |
EN 71/3:2013 Safety of Toys | EN13432 | 1935/2004/EC | CONEG, Toxins in packaging legislation, USA
Comparison of UPM Asendo™ for ream wrapping with typical BOPP wrapper
|Material property||UPM Asendo™||Typical BOPP laminate|
|Basis weight, g/m2||90||85|
|Tensile MD/CD, kN/m||7.8 / 3.8||5.0 / 5.2|
|Tear MD/CD, mN||620 / 740||440 / 580|
|Burst strength, kPa||340||200|
Did you know?
If all APAC office paper producers opted to use a wrapper without a plastic film, we
could reduce plastic use by over 9,000,000 kg. That's equivalent to 900 million
PET bottles, or 18 billion plastic straws.