UPM Specialty Papers is pleased to announce that it will be attending Interpack 2023 in Hall 8, Stand F29. Visitors can discover how UPM Specialty Papers helps its customers and brand owners bring power to their purpose with a wide portfolio of fibre-based, recyclable packaging papers, including a new range of heat-sealable barrier papers.
In the face of the fast-growing demand for sustainable packaging, UPM Specialty Papers is working closely with customers and expert partners from across the food packaging value network to co-create the next generation of transformative and recyclable fibre-based packaging solutions.
The aim is to develop and test papers, products and concepts that will support converters and brand owners in the transition to packaging made from sustainable and recyclable materials. This will in turn help them to meet their sustainability targets and comply with upcoming EU regulations on recyclability.
The results from many of these co-creation partnerships will also be showcased on the UPM Specialty Papers stand at stand F29 in hall 8A.
- BOBST and Michelman: developing a ground-breaking recyclable high barrier packaging solution for foods with a long shelf-life.
- Henkel: creating a sustainable heat-sealable packaging concept that delivers unrivalled levels of grease resistance.
- SN Maschinenbau: testing a range of heat-sealable barrier papers on SN Machinebau’s pouch packaging machines to create a recyclable, renewable, fibre-based pouch.
- Koenig & Bauer: optimising the next generation of inkjet digital printing for UPM Specialty Papers heat-sealable barrier papers.
- Fiorini: producing a recyclable, fibre-based sack, suitable for pet food applications up to 20 kg offering strength without the need for plastic lamination.
Learn more about all these co-creation projects here.
For further information please contact:
Maarit Relander, Senior Manager, Stakeholder Relations, UPM Specialty Papers, +358 204 15 0223
UPM, Media Relations
Mon-Fri 9:00-16:00 EEST
tel. +358 40 588 3284
UPM Specialty Papers
At UPM Specialty Papers, we create transformative materials for packaging based on paper. Our 2,000 passionate experts are ready to help you co-create the right packaging solutions for your needs and meet your sustainability goals. Best of all, our papers are produced with renewable, responsibly sourced wood fibres. And with our mills in Finland, China, and Germany, you can trust us to deliver quality and consistency wherever you are in the world.
Find out how our products are special by nature at upmspecialtypapers.com
Follow UPM Specialty Papers on LinkedIn
We deliver renewable and responsible solutions and innovate for a future beyond fossils across six business areas: UPM Fibres, UPM Energy, UPM Raflatac, UPM Specialty Papers, UPM Communication Papers and UPM Plywood. As the industry leader in responsibility, we are committed to the UN Business Ambition for 1.5°C and the science-based targets to mitigate climate change. We employ 17,200 people worldwide and our annual sales are approximately EUR 11.7 billion. Our shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. UPM Biofore – Beyond fossils. www.upm.com